Monday, November 23, 2015

The day before surgery

I first want to say that I had the best weekend.  We went to Ohio to watch Michigan State play Ohio State in football with all of our Ohio friends.  For once the Spartans finally beat the Buckeyes!! How sweet victory feels.  An even better feeling is being able to spend time with many of our old neighbors that we love like family.  Can't wait until we can spend time together again.



My day has been a little crazy today.  I just seem a little off.  I'm going to blame it on the fact that I have surgery scheduled tomorrow.  This will be my 4th or 5th surgery so far this year.   In Feburary I had an oopherectomy/hysterectomy due to my BRCA1 status.  Then on May 4th I was suppose to be having a bilateral mastectomy straight to reconstruction surgery.  Things didn't go as planned and I had to get expanders instead, and have had additional surgeries to help make an exchange surgery successful.


So tomorrow I am having a minor outpatient fat graphting surgery.  Like I said, it should be minor, but what I have learned this year is that not everything goes as planned.  I just pray that all will go as planned and that I can be back to work next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment