Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Lucky #5

The Tuesday before Thanksgiving I checked in for my 5th surgery so far this year! This time I was having a fat grafting procedure done for the second time.  Even though I was prepared for what to expect, it is still surgery.  Past nurses and doctors stopped by to say hi like we were old friends...ugh.  When I started this preventative surgery journey earlier this year, I could have never predicted the ups and downs that I would have.

I would say all went well with the surgery.  I will know more tomorrow after my follow up appointment with the plastic surgeon tomorrow.  I hope he says that my skin is repairing itself much better than it has in the past and the end is near.  A girl can hope, can't she? I have plenty of bruising still, but I'm back to work.  I'm thankful that with the holiday I was able to take a few extra days off to recover.  The nap a day was awesome! And already so missed!!




On Saturday I took the kids to see the Good Dinosaur with family visiting from out of town.  This was my 3.5 year old son's first movie in the theater, and I think he did so good.  He loved the movie! My 6.5 year old daughter won't admit to liking the non-princess movie, but I think she enjoyed it too.  I liked that it was a little unpredictable, but still a great story.  There looks to be a lot of good boy humor movies out around Christmas...if you know what I am saying. (Alvin making a joke about his t-o-o-t-s) I think Avery might skip that one all together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment