Friday, November 13, 2015

Getting to know me...

Naming a blog is not easy.  I just don't have that creative talent.  That being said, I named this blog Joyfully Blessed because there are days when I look at my life and am amazed at how blessed I am.  My father passed away from pancreatic cancer when I was 2, so I never had the traditional family.  For a few years it was just my mom and me, and then she remarried creating a whole new dynamic.  Today I am married to an amazing husband and I have incredible children....I'm living a life that I always wanted.

That doesn't mean my life doesn't come without challenges.  My husband and I both have type 1 diabetes.  No day is exactly the same.  Some are good, and some you wonder what the hell is going on.  I also made the decision to be genetically tested, and found out that I am BRCA 1 positive.  Who knew knowing that would turn my life upside down.  I have had 4 surgeries so far this year (1 more to go in 2015), and still more to go after.  And nothing has gone as I planned it to....go figure.  That being said....I am joyfully blessed to be Greg's wife, and Avery and Reed's mom.  And I am thankful to live another day with them.

I don't know exactly what I want this blog to be.  Possibly a sounding board for what's on my mind at this time, but always to be thankful for what I do have.  Sometimes I forget that last part.  But mainly this blog is for me, and if you enjoy reading it...then that's a bonus.

No comments:

Post a Comment